Wednesday 11 April 2018

A long awaited update


Hi All,

Sorry it’s been so long, I have been enjoying being a Mum and spending time with my little man and keep forgetting to update my Blog. I hope you have all been well.
William is now 6 months... Where has the time gone! It amazes me how fast time goes, I feel like it was just the other day that I was trying to roll out of bed with a massive stomach haha. I am enjoying this new chapter of my life so much, it has been the most amazing thing, I have loved watching Billy grow and learning something new every day. He is sitting up and has two sweet but sharp teeth that have come through!

I have been busy doing work three days a week at the Myall Park Botanical Gardens in Glenmorgan, I take Billy with me to work which is handy as I am not keen on getting a sitter or putting him in day care - what are your thoughts on day care? I am interested in what others think about it...



As a Mother I have learnt so much and grown so much as a person, it has been such a massive change but such a beautiful one. I have definitely come to realise what people mean when they say 'Children rely on you so much' It really is amazing how much they rely on you. I am still continuing to breastfeed and I am so blessed that I am able to do so, it is such a special thing and so amazing what our bodies are capable of doing. Breastfeeding is such a massive thing yet we never speak of it, we have this idea in our heads that we can't talk about it but why? It is the most beautiful thing yet we are kept quiet about it, we are made to think that is socially unacceptable and are made to feel embarrassed and awkward when our babies need to be feed. I was speaking to a friend the other day and I was talking to her about breastfeeding and she was telling me of an incident that occurred where a lady come up to her and criticized her for feeding in public and ever since then she has always gone to the women's toilet to feed her babies - how unfair is that! Would you sit on a toilet and eat your lunch? No! So why should our babies? Tell me what you think about breastfeeding!!


We have a lot happening this year - so stay tuned - I have to make sure I keep updating you!
Earlier in the year myself, my husband Ben and Billy had a quick trip to Dalby for the day and on the way home our near new Hilux caught on fire - it was the most scariest thing that I have had to go through. We all got out safe and just in time but there is always a 'what if' in the back of my mind. It has really made Ben and I so thankful and realise how short life is and how fast things can happen. We were so blessed that we were safe - our Fathers were definitely watching over us and kept us safe.


Cassie XO

No comments:

Post a Comment